Hartrup and Oatly - The Cutout Hartrup and Oatly - The Cutout

I'm not sure what the heck this was supposed to be, but I found it boring. The graphics are decent, animation is quite basic, and only the sound seems to be top-notch. The humor simply didn't make sense to me. A guy doesn't like a cardboard cutout... So what? Nothing surprised me. Nothing struck me as clever.

A Prank Time A Prank Time

This is really it. The epitome of perfectly smooth fullbody frame-by-frame animation. I wish I could say more about this but I really can't. Everything about this from the coloring to the easing to the overall smoothness and polish is visually unsurpassable. I don't throw this term around but you might be the best animator in the world. Out with the inorganic 3D animation that's oversaturating the industry - THIS is what you can accomplish when you pour hours and hours into just a few seconds of animation and it shows. Absolutely outstanding.

Animation vs. YouTube Animation vs. YouTube

I wish you used Disbalanced instead of Rebalanced in memory of LuccasBode.

Compared to your other videos I think this one was a lot more entertaining but a lot less technical. The Philip DeFranco and VSauce clips was hilarious, some of the things (like the annotation hands) were very clever, but many points (particularly the lack of unique movements from the stick figures and the simple moveset of the hands) were kind of disappointing.

Compare this to the part of Shock 3 where Mr. Red is fighting the clones - he's attacking them with all four limbs and the clones are all attacking simultaneously, whereas here no more than two hands are ever used at once. I guess this makes sense - going all the way back to the Naruto-themed Pink Army you've always been more about the effects and environment than the kung fu.

Though I do prefer your other animations more, I do appreciate this for what it is and certainly see the entertainment value in it. Kudos!

Rack Rack

There's a lot of creativity going on here, and I like that. Orgasm control is pretty great and this is the first game I've seen that's so heavily based around it. The unlockables and objectives are also very in-depth and show serious effort on the side of the developer.

There are three glaring issues in this game that docked you a couple points. First, I'm really not a fan of the art style. The game is customizable - there's no good reason why you couldn't have had several artists of different styles putting work into the game so that there's something for everyone. Second, the lack of voice acting and original dialogue for each character make it a little hard to be engaged in the test subjects themselves (even though the subject matter is outstanding.) Finally, this game lags like CRAZY. You should really limit the game to just two subjects at once, render the graphics as rasters, and only show toys while they're in use. As-is the slowdown makes this game unplayable by the time you've unlocked everything.

Suppressed Demo Suppressed Demo

I'm actually making a game with a VERY similar story (three people escaping a fascist country also based on North Korea, lol) and really wanted to play this to see how it compared, but as others have said it's buggy beyond belief. The poor animation, slow walking speed, use of text to speech, and random freezes make this look unpolished in addition to being unplayable.

zephyo responds:

yeah... this was my first game so I kinda sucked at like everything lmao. thanks for your review on my other game btw. Lots of detail and helpful points.

I woke up next to you again. I woke up next to you again.

I got three of the four endings before throwing up my hands.

This is such a gorgeous game. I've always been a sucker for black and white - MadWorld and Limbo are two of the best in my opinion - and this is no different. The film noir, high contrast and bloom make this visually stunning, and the girl is absurdly attractive. If I can nitpick a little, the only thing I didn't like was the weird branches that sat behind the text bubbles. These just looked awkward to me when compared to the meticulous detail of everything else.

The music is nice but not outstanding. Suitable for the style of game, I think.

The real problem with this game is its brevity. Playing through multiple times gives you enough information to recognize that the girl is a fatal attraction, but rather than the message being subtle it comes across as incomplete. Thematically, or as a narrative, this feels like part of a larger story. It's frustrating having so many choices, too, because it gives the illusion of a larger story existing when the amount of content is deceptively small.

Energy Control Cannon Energy Control Cannon

Huge fan of VoM but this sounds a little repetitive. Something about the layering just felt off to me.

Decap Intro - Koolfox RMX Decap Intro - Koolfox RMX

I know this is 8 years old but I hope you read this. Decap Attack has some of the best music I've ever heard from a Genesis game and it's a shame no one knows about it. I really love the suspense that you added to this track, although I think I would have preferred to hear the main melody as a guitar riff. Regardless this sounds outstanding.

Piercing Lazer - The Other Side Piercing Lazer - The Other Side

This hits like a Mack truck. Unique blend of electronic and metal, especially with the melancholy mood. Reminds me a little bit of the Iji soundtrack. Very nice work!!

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! :) lji? Whats that? I'm never good with initials. And whats a mack truck? XD

[SFM] Ordinary Job. [SFM] Ordinary Job.

This looks really nice. The texture feels very realistic, too. Only a few caveats - the ceiling and walls both look really plain, and I would expect the stool to be blurred a bit of it's being swung downward.

Sakrin Sakrin

Really outstanding work. The exaggerated perspective and use of shadows make this look surrealistic, and everything from the grit to dust particles really fill in any piece of the image that would have otherwise looked plain.

Lucy Tied Up Lucy Tied Up

Very cute. I didn't want to review all of your work but this piece is particularly compelling. In its uncolored state it's a little hard to distinguish what exactly is going on with the gag, but otherwise this is pretty clear. The hairclips look a little unnatural to me, and her left shoulder is raised up a bit too much (either that or it's too large.) Also her hips, while completely fine for someone a bit older, seem a little wide given the age implied by her face.

Aside from these (tiny) nitpicks this looks damn good. I would love to see more shading similar to the neck, as I'm a huge sucker for dramatic lighting, and this could of course be colored, but as a work in progress this looks outstanding.

Boxtie responds:

This isn't really a "work in progress" or anything. I just drew this at random to show the creator. I was told this is their first fan art.