A Prank Time A Prank Time

This is really it. The epitome of perfectly smooth fullbody frame-by-frame animation. I wish I could say more about this but I really can't. Everything about this from the coloring to the easing to the overall smoothness and polish is visually unsurpassable. I don't throw this term around but you might be the best animator in the world. Out with the inorganic 3D animation that's oversaturating the industry - THIS is what you can accomplish when you pour hours and hours into just a few seconds of animation and it shows. Absolutely outstanding.

Animation vs. YouTube Animation vs. YouTube

I wish you used Disbalanced instead of Rebalanced in memory of LuccasBode.

Compared to your other videos I think this one was a lot more entertaining but a lot less technical. The Philip DeFranco and VSauce clips was hilarious, some of the things (like the annotation hands) were very clever, but many points (particularly the lack of unique movements from the stick figures and the simple moveset of the hands) were kind of disappointing.

Compare this to the part of Shock 3 where Mr. Red is fighting the clones - he's attacking them with all four limbs and the clones are all attacking simultaneously, whereas here no more than two hands are ever used at once. I guess this makes sense - going all the way back to the Naruto-themed Pink Army you've always been more about the effects and environment than the kung fu.

Though I do prefer your other animations more, I do appreciate this for what it is and certainly see the entertainment value in it. Kudos!

Ghost in the Shell - App Store Ghost in the Shell - App Store

This was very well done. The gags were good and genuinely funny, which is a rare sight these days. A few times the low framerate animation brought this down, and the voice acting also seemed a bit unpolished. I think you could remake this much better using the same script/concept.

Simplicity Simplicity

It's amazing how faithfully this recreates the old ~2003 Flash game era. The graphics look authentic in a way that's imitated but almost never done right.

This would have been a hell of a game 15 years ago. It's still a decent game now. The puzzles are pretty varied in their difficulty which is good, but the time limit seems unnecessary. Combined with the music, you don't really help the player relax and think and instead you seem to be hurrying them up. Not a good model for a puzzle game.

Other than that there's a lot of things you could have done to make the graphics more impressive. Think about lighting, beveling, texture, etc. Rather than just having text as buttons, put them inside of boxes and give them some level of uniformity. Pick ONE font and stick with it, and unite all of your graphics under one color scheme. The chaotic main menu should have some transparent fill over it to bring the menu items into focus, and what you have makes the green and blue level selection and play screens clash too. The time gauge, mute button, clock, etc. all seem slightly off-center and there's a lot of blank space that seems awkwardly placed.

As far as the game is concerned I think what you have is good. The level design is strong, but some levels really are frustrating. I suppose that's what you want for a puzzle game. Some of the puzzles seem to be out of order in terms of how difficult it is, so perhaps you should have other people tell you how difficult each puzzle is and re-order them so that there's a smoother curve.

garylu1999 responds:

Thanks for your review. Your review is the most helpful one so far and I would definitely use some of these tips for future flash games. Thank you.
By the way, about the difficulty order, I actually did have other people try it, but different people did not agree on which puzzles are harder and the way some of them ordered it seemed odd to me as well.

Yellow Yellow

Pretty good game. Shows just how much you can do without giving the player any instructions. This reminds me quite a bit of a game called Help Helen, though more puzzle and less humor. The music got a little annoying and overall the lack of instructions felt kind of limiting, but this was a fun play.

Insane Orb Insane Orb

Can't believe this is the most played game on the site and I didn't know about it until now. This is a surprisingly fresh game. The graphics and sound are clearly in need of a revamp but the gameplay is enjoyable, if someone annoying due to the framerate feeling kind of choppy. The gravity fields keep things interesting as do most of the gimmicks that you find on the playing field.

Ultimately two things brought this game down. One was that the controls felt spastic and much of the time I didn't really feel like I was in control. The other is that there's no break while playing. Something that breaks up the levels and perhaps allows them to be replayed individually would be nice, because as-is it's a mad rush to a huge point value of 75 without any real structure.

Decap Intro - Koolfox RMX Decap Intro - Koolfox RMX

I know this is 8 years old but I hope you read this. Decap Attack has some of the best music I've ever heard from a Genesis game and it's a shame no one knows about it. I really love the suspense that you added to this track, although I think I would have preferred to hear the main melody as a guitar riff. Regardless this sounds outstanding.

Piercing Lazer - The Other Side Piercing Lazer - The Other Side

This hits like a Mack truck. Unique blend of electronic and metal, especially with the melancholy mood. Reminds me a little bit of the Iji soundtrack. Very nice work!!

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! :) lji? Whats that? I'm never good with initials. And whats a mack truck? XD

Newgrounds Rumble BGM3 Newgrounds Rumble BGM3

Really liking this one. Harsh and intense!

Lucy Tied Up Lucy Tied Up

Very cute. I didn't want to review all of your work but this piece is particularly compelling. In its uncolored state it's a little hard to distinguish what exactly is going on with the gag, but otherwise this is pretty clear. The hairclips look a little unnatural to me, and her left shoulder is raised up a bit too much (either that or it's too large.) Also her hips, while completely fine for someone a bit older, seem a little wide given the age implied by her face.

Aside from these (tiny) nitpicks this looks damn good. I would love to see more shading similar to the neck, as I'm a huge sucker for dramatic lighting, and this could of course be colored, but as a work in progress this looks outstanding.

Boxtie responds:

This isn't really a "work in progress" or anything. I just drew this at random to show the creator. I was told this is their first fan art.

yui yui

Not sure what to say other than that this looks outstanding. The style looks really rough and yet the detail is immensely precise.

Rylai the Crystal Maiden Rylai the Crystal Maiden

If I may nitpick... Her waist looks strangely thin. The dual colors on her cape look really unnatural - it works on her armor because the trim and cloth are presumably different material, but seems awkward when they run parallel. Her left breast looks a little odd too, like there's some horizontal force pushing it back toward the center.

Other than that, really good. Nice shading, very colorful and detailed. You're a multi-talented dude.