Ghost in the Shell - App Store Ghost in the Shell - App Store

This was very well done. The gags were good and genuinely funny, which is a rare sight these days. A few times the low framerate animation brought this down, and the voice acting also seemed a bit unpolished. I think you could remake this much better using the same script/concept.

Earth Earth

Hey Dom!! Nice to see you haven't forgotten about animation.

This was pretty good. The loops are a bit overused and the framerate isn't the best, but what you sacrifice in frames you make up for with pretty smooth animation and easing anyway. The only real problems are the bad lip syncing and the smoke at the end which suffers more dramatically from the poor framerate (particle animation always makes the ladies moist.)

The music was pretty similar to the animation in terms of the sound quality being quite good, but also somewhat repetitive.

Taken as a whole this feels a little lacking. It seems like you never let go of the pacing that The Lazer Collection had, because the concept is minimalistic but would fit well in a montage rather than a standalone clip.

When you make it to Hollywood I hope you can still find time to come back and upload a Flash animation to Newgrounds once in a blue moon. After all, we raised you.

Outmode - Panoram Heist Outmode - Panoram Heist

A weird mix of sprite animation, frame-by-frame, and more. I didn't find any one part of this video particularly compelling - the frame rate was low, the sprites and graphics weren't the best, and the animation itself was fairly choppy and inorganic, but I do appreciate how long this is and how it works taken as a whole. I wish there was more I could say other than that you need to practice more before animating, but that's really all there is to it. Work with smaller projects and get the hang of timing before attempting a big project like this. It'll turn out much better.

Yellow Yellow

Pretty good game. Shows just how much you can do without giving the player any instructions. This reminds me quite a bit of a game called Help Helen, though more puzzle and less humor. The music got a little annoying and overall the lack of instructions felt kind of limiting, but this was a fun play.

Insane Orb Insane Orb

Can't believe this is the most played game on the site and I didn't know about it until now. This is a surprisingly fresh game. The graphics and sound are clearly in need of a revamp but the gameplay is enjoyable, if someone annoying due to the framerate feeling kind of choppy. The gravity fields keep things interesting as do most of the gimmicks that you find on the playing field.

Ultimately two things brought this game down. One was that the controls felt spastic and much of the time I didn't really feel like I was in control. The other is that there's no break while playing. Something that breaks up the levels and perhaps allows them to be replayed individually would be nice, because as-is it's a mad rush to a huge point value of 75 without any real structure.

Escape the Can Escape the Can

The commentary on this game was pretty funny, but the graphics were underwhelming and items were hard to use. The one-screen system made everything look small and the inventory was also unclear - I was never sure as to what I had because the soap just looked like a tiny pink rectangle. Everything in this game needs to be drawn bigger, and the music should probably be changed because as it is it's really annoying.

Piercing Lazer - The Other Side Piercing Lazer - The Other Side

This hits like a Mack truck. Unique blend of electronic and metal, especially with the melancholy mood. Reminds me a little bit of the Iji soundtrack. Very nice work!!

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! :) lji? Whats that? I'm never good with initials. And whats a mack truck? XD

Newgrounds Rumble BGM3 Newgrounds Rumble BGM3

Really liking this one. Harsh and intense!

Concept Crew Concept Crew

I like the samples but the emphasis on the beat is a little wily. Not to say that it's bad but it doesn't seem purposeful to me.

DJDureagon responds:

Im sorry but i don't know what you mean. the beat is wily? the emphasis is wily? theres to much emphasis? like the drums are too loud or scatered? and its not purposeful? the samples lack a groove or is too hard to get a handle on? im just trying to get a handle on what you mean. I dont really know what to take from this critique.

Lucy Tied Up Lucy Tied Up

Very cute. I didn't want to review all of your work but this piece is particularly compelling. In its uncolored state it's a little hard to distinguish what exactly is going on with the gag, but otherwise this is pretty clear. The hairclips look a little unnatural to me, and her left shoulder is raised up a bit too much (either that or it's too large.) Also her hips, while completely fine for someone a bit older, seem a little wide given the age implied by her face.

Aside from these (tiny) nitpicks this looks damn good. I would love to see more shading similar to the neck, as I'm a huge sucker for dramatic lighting, and this could of course be colored, but as a work in progress this looks outstanding.

Boxtie responds:

This isn't really a "work in progress" or anything. I just drew this at random to show the creator. I was told this is their first fan art.

yui yui

Not sure what to say other than that this looks outstanding. The style looks really rough and yet the detail is immensely precise.

Rylai the Crystal Maiden Rylai the Crystal Maiden

If I may nitpick... Her waist looks strangely thin. The dual colors on her cape look really unnatural - it works on her armor because the trim and cloth are presumably different material, but seems awkward when they run parallel. Her left breast looks a little odd too, like there's some horizontal force pushing it back toward the center.

Other than that, really good. Nice shading, very colorful and detailed. You're a multi-talented dude.