Outmode - Panoram Heist Outmode - Panoram Heist

A weird mix of sprite animation, frame-by-frame, and more. I didn't find any one part of this video particularly compelling - the frame rate was low, the sprites and graphics weren't the best, and the animation itself was fairly choppy and inorganic, but I do appreciate how long this is and how it works taken as a whole. I wish there was more I could say other than that you need to practice more before animating, but that's really all there is to it. Work with smaller projects and get the hang of timing before attempting a big project like this. It'll turn out much better.

Mr. Freeman, part 0 Mr. Freeman, part 0

Some of the concepts feel reachy and not well developed, but the style of animation and voice are top notch. I think the main issue here is that the information just goes by way too fast and doesn't really expand or explain itself. Still, very good, and there is a seed of brilliance in here.

Pokemon GO is LIFE - The Struggle Pokemon GO is LIFE - The Struggle

An interesting animation on what is perhaps the LEAST frustrating thing about Pokemon Go. (3 step glitch anyone?) Anyway, I can't fault you on much, except for perhaps the lack of color and a fleshed out background. It might have been funny if it busted out of the ball first before freezing.

Finish your battle with FlLFFl

Stone-Steven responds:

When I finished this, the 3 step bug didn't exist yet XD ty though!

Insane Orb Insane Orb

Can't believe this is the most played game on the site and I didn't know about it until now. This is a surprisingly fresh game. The graphics and sound are clearly in need of a revamp but the gameplay is enjoyable, if someone annoying due to the framerate feeling kind of choppy. The gravity fields keep things interesting as do most of the gimmicks that you find on the playing field.

Ultimately two things brought this game down. One was that the controls felt spastic and much of the time I didn't really feel like I was in control. The other is that there's no break while playing. Something that breaks up the levels and perhaps allows them to be replayed individually would be nice, because as-is it's a mad rush to a huge point value of 75 without any real structure.

Escape the Can Escape the Can

The commentary on this game was pretty funny, but the graphics were underwhelming and items were hard to use. The one-screen system made everything look small and the inventory was also unclear - I was never sure as to what I had because the soap just looked like a tiny pink rectangle. Everything in this game needs to be drawn bigger, and the music should probably be changed because as it is it's really annoying.

Don't Escape Don't Escape

Excellent graphics, sound, concept, etc. I liked that there were a handful of things you had to do but winning required you to complete all of them, as this made the game non-linear and much more engaging than the average room escape. I was a little annoyed that you could accidentally take the potion without using it on the meat, as this can mess with your completion without you knowing it.

That said, the feedback at the end really helps and warrants replay value, whereas normally you go to a walkthrough and then never play the game again.

Brilliantly creative and balanced perfectly.

Newgrounds Rumble BGM3 Newgrounds Rumble BGM3

Really liking this one. Harsh and intense!

Concept Crew Concept Crew

I like the samples but the emphasis on the beat is a little wily. Not to say that it's bad but it doesn't seem purposeful to me.

DJDureagon responds:

Im sorry but i don't know what you mean. the beat is wily? the emphasis is wily? theres to much emphasis? like the drums are too loud or scatered? and its not purposeful? the samples lack a groove or is too hard to get a handle on? im just trying to get a handle on what you mean. I dont really know what to take from this critique.

Um - Oh! Um - Oh!

Loving the Nujabes vibe here. Great work in balancing a handful of samples that never seem to overpower each other.

yui yui

Not sure what to say other than that this looks outstanding. The style looks really rough and yet the detail is immensely precise.

Rylai the Crystal Maiden Rylai the Crystal Maiden

If I may nitpick... Her waist looks strangely thin. The dual colors on her cape look really unnatural - it works on her armor because the trim and cloth are presumably different material, but seems awkward when they run parallel. Her left breast looks a little odd too, like there's some horizontal force pushing it back toward the center.

Other than that, really good. Nice shading, very colorful and detailed. You're a multi-talented dude.

Garfield Garfield

I've always wondered about this, since I actually had a compendium of Garfield books from 1978 to the early 2000s and on May 28th, 1979 he says he loves Monday mornings specifically because he doesn't have to go to work.

The neck slice is pretty funny, and I can't help wondering if the 313 is supposed to be a Detroit reference. I'm also wondering how much time is supposed to have passed by the final frame, since 21 - 2 =/= 7 * k. So yeah I'm totally overthinking all of this.

Overall this is really well drawn and looks authentic, though it seems odd that Garfield's head is retracted so far on the first and last frames. Everything else is perfect though and you really captured Jim Davis' style.